Wondering how you can add ringtones to iPhone from computer? Well, then this guide is all you need.
It’s always fun to set our favorite ringtone for phone calls as well as text notifications but what if you’re unable to find a particular ringtone on the App Store. This is when you’ll look for your computer to transfer some ringtones that you actually like. Now, one might ask, HOW? Keep reading the article and you’ll get to know-how.
There are two ways by which you can add ringtones from computer to iPhone.[lwptoc]
Add Ringtones to iPhone from Computer using iTunes
To add ringtones to iPhone from computer using iTunes, you’ll have to first install the latest version of iTunes. In the case of Mac, it is already installed within.
Once you’ve installed iTunes on your computer, follow the steps down below for the further process:
- Connect your iPhone to the computer and launch iTunes on your computer.
- Click the device icon and tap ‘Summary’. Do check the option “Manually manage music and videos”.
- Click the ‘Back’ button and go to Songs and then Library.
- Click on File and then ‘Add File to Library’ to add the music to iTunes. This is applicable when you can’t find the music you are looking for in the iTunes Library.
- Then right-click the target song and choose Song Info. After this, tap the ‘Options’ tab in the new window.
- Check the Start and Stop options and set the starting as well as the stopping point of the ringtone which should be less than 30 seconds.
- Now, go back to iTunes library, select the original song and tap “File” > “Convert” > “Create AAC Version”.
- You will see the reduced version of the song afterward.
- Then, right-click the shortened version and choose “Show in Windows Explorer” or ‘’Show in Finder’’ on Mac.
- Now you can copy and paste the song to your desktop and change the extension from .m4a to .m4r. Do confirm your changes.
- Go back to the iTunes Library and delete the shortened version of the song: right-click the song, choose “Delete from Library” > “Delete Song” > “Move to Recycle Bin”.
- Tap the “Tones” tab in the left sidebar
- Drag and drop the ringtone from desktop to iTunes. The ringtones will be synced to the iPhone automatically after drag and drop.
Add Ringtones to iPhone from Computer without iTunes
To add ringtones from computer to iPhone without iTunes, you’ve to use an iOS data transfer software. We’ll recommend you to use EaseUS MobiMover as it is considered to be the best alternative to iTunes. The best part is that it is available for FREE. With EaseUS MobiMover, you can easily transfer ringtones from computer to your iOS device without data syncing. Isn’t that great? Besides putting ringtones on an iPhone from the computer You can also transfer ringtones from one iPhone to another.
Steps to add Ringtones to iPhone from Computer using EaseUS MobiMover
Connect your iPhone to your computer and run EaseUS MobiMover. Tap “Trust” on your phone and click “Allow” to enable EaseUS MobiMover to access your iPhone. Then click “Audio” and select “Ringtones” at the Content Management section to continue. After this, click “Ringtones” and select “Add Contents” to browse and add saved ringtones from PC to your iPhone. Now, select the ringtones you saved on your PC and click “Open” to start the transfer. Go to Settings on your iPhone when the process gets over, then tap “Sounds & Haptics” > “Ringtone” to check ringtones on your iPhone.
How do I put custom ringtones on my iPhone?
Open the Settings app on your iPhone, then tap Sounds. After this, tap Ringtone. Your custom tones will appear at the top of the list. Above the default Ringtones, you’ll see your custom tones will appear at the top of the list. Then tap on one to make it your ringtone.
Where can I download free ringtones for the iPhone?
You can visit CellBeat.com, Zedge.net, Mobile9.com, Melofania, Freetone.org to download free ringtones for the iPhone. All these are legal and safe to use.
So this was our guide on how you can add ringtones to an iPhone from the computer. Both of the above-mentioned ways are convenient to use. However, I would rather prefer the second way i.e. transferring ringtones from computer to iPhone with EaseUS MobiMover as not only the software helps to transfer ringtones but is also a great tool to transfer data like photos, videos, music, ringtones, contacts, and more between iOS devices.