If you are searching for a free movie app for iPhone, then we can help you choose one based on your movie interest, as in this article, we will be sharing with you the 10 Best free movie apps for iPhone that will allow you to watch movies online with ease. These movie apps for iOS include multiple categories of movies from adrenaline-filled action-adventure films to hilarious comedy. While using these free movie apps for iOS, you’ll get access to tons of free online movies in a few taps.
Some of these will even allow you to download movies on iPhone and watch them offline later anywhere. This would indeed be the best way to watch your favorite movies when you’re on the go. Moreover, all of the below mentioned free movie apps for iPhone will ensure that you have a comfortable experience while watching your shows.
So let us begin to learn more about our list of 10 Best free movie apps for iPhone.
10 Best Free Movie Apps for iPhone in the US
1. Vudu – Movies & TV
‘Vudu – Movies & TV’ includes thousands of movies that you can stream online for free and is one of the best free movie apps for the iPhone. You can watch movies from different categories with a few occasional ads. The app also allows you to download movies so that you can watch them offline easily. It includes over 100,000 titles across all genres and enables you to stream content to your iOS gadgets in HDX format.
Moreover, the app works with Android, iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch, and Chromecast.
- Watch thousands of movies free with limited commercials
- There’s no subscription
- Download movies to watch offline
- Stream your favorite titles to your iOS mobile devices
2. Popcornflix – Movies and TV
‘Popcornflix – Movies and TV’ will allow you to stream movies online anywhere on your iOS device. Once you open the app, you can start browsing for movies by genres on the main page itself. Without even logging into an account, you can add movies to a queue in order to store them all at one place. Moreover, the app works with iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, Android, Amazon Kindle, Blackberry, Roku, Apple TV, Xbox, and Samsung TV.
- 100% legal, no subscription required
- On-demand movies and TV shows with way fewer ads
- Adds new content every week
- 100% free
3. Tubi – Watch Movies & TV Shows
You might have heard of Tubi’s website before but few would be knowing that there’s an app available for it too which is very easy to use. You can find movies of different genres in the app the same way they are on the website. You will be redirected to the description page once you choose a movie where you will find information about the release date, duration, rating, and genre of that particular movie.
- Pick up watching where you left off
- Create and manage your own personal video queue
- Discover amazing international hits and hidden gems
- Cast to your TV with Chromecast and Airplay
4. Sling TV: Stream Live TV now
‘Sling TV: Stream Live TV now’ includes over 100 live TV channels with coverage of NBA, basketball with 10000+ hours of on-demand movies and shows. It is available in multiple categories including comedy, sports, lifestyle, health and much more.
The app is widely used all over the world because it is probably the first app to offer content in 22 International languages such as Hindi, Spanish, Brazil, Arabic and much more. Further, in order to allow you to contribute to market research, like Nielsen’s TV Ratings, the app features Nielsen’s proprietary measurement software that will allow you to contribute to market research.
- 150+ channels like ESPN, TNT, CNN, and HGTV
- You can personalize your lineup
- Choose from 100,000+ On-Demand titles
- Add Cloud DVR to record must-see moments
5. Crackle – Movies & TV
‘Crackle – Movies & TV’ includes all the free movie content including full-length Hollywood TV series, action entertainment, comedies, thriller and many more. It is very easy to use and you can watch all the free content even without setting up an account. However, you will be interrupted by various advertisements while watching movies. All you will be asked to do is set up a free account and will give you access to pick up the content where you left off on your iOS device.
- Stream free Hollywood movies, TV series, and originals on your favorite devices.
- Set up a free account to see fewer ads
- Pick up where you left off on any device
- Fill your ‘Watch Later’ list with all your favorite titles
‘Yidio’ is another free movie app for iPhone users that equips more than one million movies and TV shows. It will provide you with the universal TV and Movie Search Guide in order to help you find where to watch TV Shows and Movies streaming online. This app will be indeed best for you if you wish to manage all of your streaming services in one place.
Other features include Personalized Suggestions, Personalized Watchlist, Personalized Daily Reminders, and Price Comparison to help you find the free & cheapest ways to watch movies.
- Universal TV & Movie Search Guide
- Personalized Watchlist
- Personalized Daily Reminders
- Personalized Suggestions based on the things you like
7. Pluto TV – Live TV and Movies
‘Pluto TV – Live TV and Movies’ includes hundreds of channels from which you can stream the latest movies, binge-worthy TV shows, breaking news, live sports and more. It includes a user-friendly interface and is completely free to use. It equips different genres such as action, drama, horror, sports, comedy and many more.
With this app, you can also watch live sports at your fingertips from beIN Sports Xtra and Big Sky.
- Watch 250+ channels and 1000s of movies free
- You can access local coverage from CBSN New York and CBSN Los Angeles
- Get up-to-the-minute headlines from major news outlets
- 100% free
‘Snagfilms’ comes with over 5,000 independent movies, TV shows, and documentaries. While using this app, you will come across multiple options such as adventure, action, science fiction, horror, thrillers, romance, hard-to-find indie movies, kids and family-friendly movies, foreign films, and many special interest topics. The best part about this free movie app for iPhone is that it updates its content every month.
- Full-length Movies
- Critically acclaimed documentaries
- Over 5,000 independent movies, TV shows, and documentaries
- Classic movies, cult horror, silent movies, and Golden Age films
‘Kanopy’ can be used only by those who have a library card at a supported library. Once you sign up, you can get access to festival award-winning films, thought-provoking documentaries, The Criterion Collection, and more with titles. You can find movies by their genres and will have full synopsis, and cast details about the one you start watching. Moreover, the app supports iPhone, iPad, Android, Apple TV, Roku, Chromecast, Android TV, FireTV, Fire Tablet, and Samsung smart TVs.
- Stream thousands of films for free without ads
- Sign up with your library card
- Browse Kanopy Kids for unlimited age-appropriate shows
- Movies with access to parental controls
10. The Internet Archive Companion
‘The Internet Archive Companion’ is the last one on our list and unlike other apps, its sole purpose is not to stream films online, however, you can watch them easily from your device. Once you find the Internet Archive’s movies, you will come across different genres of movies and you can stream the one you like. Moreover, it is important to note that the app is neither produced nor supported by The Internet Archive.
- View the collections of the Internet Archive with your iPad, iPhone, or iPod touch
- Universal Access to All Knowledge
- Sort the movies by popularity
- Watch hand-picked films by the Internet Archive
How was our list of 10 Best free movie apps for iPhone? I hope you liked it as we have covered all the major movie apps available out there for iOS devices. All of the aforementioned free movie apps for iPhone come with great content and are available in multiple genres, including action, drama, horror, sports, comedy and more. However, ‘Vudu – Movies & TV’ will be the best to use as it equips a vast collection of movies and shows with minimal interruptions.
If you found this article informative, then don’t forget to share it with your friends. Also, feel free to comment down below if you have any doubts related to this article.