Do you find it difficult to communicate adequately while traveling abroad or are you simply seeking to learn a new language? Well, then you have come to the right place. Communication is considered to be the connection between two entities as it helps us to exchange thoughts and therefore it becomes necessary that you verbalize the pronunciation of words properly especially when you are traveling abroad. However, the language barrier won’t be a hurdle anymore, and all thanks to the translation apps. They are simply amazing as they come loaded with useful features and might act as a handy communication tool.
Best Free Translation Apps for iPhone
In this article, we have mentioned the 15 Best Free Translation Apps for iPhone that includes professionally recorded translation audios and standard written pronunciation guides. So, without any further ado, let us begin to learn more about these Language Translation Apps.
1. Google Translate
Google Translate is one of the best free translation apps for iPhone as it offers text translations in more than 100 languages. It includes a feature called the conversation translation feature that allows two people to communicate by voice and their voices will be translated in real-time as they speak. The best part about this app is that it can perform translations of texts and numbers as taken by a device’s camera. With this app, you can even save translated words and phrases for future reference.
- Translate between 108 languages by typing
- Translate with no internet connection
- Take or import photos for higher quality translations
- Translate bilingual conversations on the fly
2. iTranslate Translator
iTranslate Translator is considered to be the best app on iTunes as it includes some amazing features such as text-to-text, voice-to-voice, as well as text-to-voice translations. It supports translations for over 100 languages and allows you to use iTranslate abroad without having to pay expensive roaming charges. Other features include transliteration, translation sharing, the ability to keep favorites and history of translations, and male and female translation voices. You can also buy the Premium version of the app to avail features such as Offline translation mode, Voice-to-Voice conversations, Verb conjugations in different tenses and many more.
- Get translations in over 100 languages
- Listen to translations in male or female voices
- Switch between different dialects
- Dictionaries with synonyms and different meanings
3. Microsoft Translator
Microsoft Translator is yet another best translation app for the iPhone that is capable of translating text, voice, conversations, camera photos, and screenshots. You can use the app even when offline, however, you’ll have to download language packs to enable offline use. The app also includes a proprietary multi-person conversation translation feature that allows up to 100 people to communicate through the app and the best part is that their voices are automatically interpreted. It also equips a pronunciation guide that will be beneficial for those who want to learn how to speak essential foreign language phrases.
- Text translation into over 60 languages*
- Camera translation to translate text within photos and screenshots
- Voice translation to translate speech
- Phrasebooks for verified translations and pronunciation guides
4. Speak & Translate – Translator
‘Speak & Translate – Translator’ allows text translations in 117 languages and speech translations in 54 languages. It notably has one of the highest ratings for translator apps on iTunes. It equips a proprietary speech recognition technology that makes it faster and accurate in handling voice recognition. With this app, you can store your translations and synchronize them across your iOS devices. Moreover, you can opt for subscription options to enjoy Premium features such as Unlimited translations, offline mode for text translations, Ads-free translation experience and many more.
- Just snap a picture of any text or object you want to be translated
- 117 languages for text translations
- 54 languages for voice translations
- iCloud integration
5. SayHi Translate
‘SayHi Translate’ equips a camera translation feature that can perform text, voice, as well as conversational translations and share them through email, SMS, and social media. You can also set the voice for the speech translator to male or female. Moreover, you can speed up or slow down the translated speech rate. This app would indeed be perfect for those who want to learn a new language, travel to a foreign country, or chat with people who don’t speak your language.
- Quickly change languages
- Tap and hold on a translation to copy or share your conversations
- Localized in many languages
- Speed up or slow down the rate of speech
6. Translator with Speech
‘Translator with Speech’ provides translations to about 88 languages and includes amazing features such as Localization for 10 major languages, Transliteration support for non-Latin character sets, playback without internet and many more. There’s also an optional speech to text feature that allows you to record your text in 23 languages and convert it into any of the many listed languages.
- Translation into any of 88 languages
- Remembers earlier translations, providing playback without internet
- Localization for 10 major languages
- Transliteration support for non-Latin character sets
7. Translate Free – Language Translator & Dictionary
Translator Free is another translation app for iPhone that brings more advanced features and functionality. It includes 59 languages and has 360-degree rotational support allowing you to view the translations the way you want to. There’s a feature called ‘Transliteration’ that helps with reading non-Latin translations and also assists with Pronunciation. Also, if the language you are searching for is not mentioned in the app, you can request the addition of a specific language within the app itself.
- 59 Supported Languages
- 360 Degree Rotational Support
- Send Translations via Email
- Search through previous translations at any time, even offline
8. Dictionary Linguee
‘Dictionary Linguee’ includes dictionaries for Spanish, French, German, Portuguese and many more. With this app, you can find reliable translations in the shortest time, even when you’re offline. The app will predict the words and phrases you are searching for as you type the first few letters in the search box, even inadvertent typing errors are intelligently corrected. Moreover, you can download the editorial dictionaries for free and are available for use when offline.
- Translations in French, Spanish, German and more
- Created by over 400 lexicographers
- Access to over one billion translations from the Internet
- You will find examples of sentences containing all the words you search for
9. Translator – Translate Box
‘Translator – Translate Box’ comes with five translations at once that is Google, Microsoft, Yandex, Baidu, and Naver translates. All the features are available for free and include no advertisements. However, if you want to use additional features within the app then you either opt for a monthly subscription or yearly subscription.
You can download the app for free from the app store, however, it does offer In-App purchases.
- Translate Photo
- Microsoft Translator
- Translate Voice
- Google Translate
10. Reverso translate and learn
If you are looking forward to mastering a foreign language then ‘Reverso translate and learn’ would be the best tool to seek quality translation. It is very easy to use as all you have to do is type or say the word you wish to translate and the results will appear instantly. The app also provides instant translations of the selected text when reading content on the browser and is based on data gathered from millions of real-life texts including official documents, movie subtitles, product descriptions.
- Instantly translate selected text when reading content on your browser
- Translation in 14 languages
- Create vocabulary lists based on your personal selection
- Enjoy natural pronunciation of complete example sentences
11. Naver Papago – AI Translator
Naver Papago is an excellent translation app that helps fix all your translation issues on the go. You can use this while traveling abroad without any hassle. The app has the ability to translate text in real-time for phrases and words. You can even get a particular picture translated into the language of your choice. There’s also a feature called conversation translation that lets users speak in each other’s language when talking one-on-one with a foreigner.
- Real-time text translation for phrases and words
- Can translate even in offline
- Automatic translation for all content
- Basic expressions available without network connections
TextGrabber is another best free translation app for the iPhone that digitizes fragments of printed text quickly. It reads QR codes and turns the recognized result into actions. The app comes with the ability to translate into 100+ languages online and about 10 languages offline.
The best part is that when you point a camera at printed text, it instantly captures information and recognizes it without connecting to the Internet. You can also share your results with any app installed on the device via the system menu.
- Siri shortcuts
- Text recognition in 60+ languages
- Real-Time Translation directly
- QR code reader
TripLingo is considered as the ultimate tool for international travelers as it helps you learn essential phrases that might be required while traveling. It has support for over 100 countries and includes over 2,000 phrases per language in 13 languages. Even though the free version of the app includes basic access to all features in every language, upgrading to a premium subscription will give you access to additional features. Moreover, there’s also a Wi-fi Dialer that allows you to call any international phone number which is indeed a great thing.
- Support for over 100 countries
- Over 2,000 phrases per language in 13 languages
- More than 30,000 professionally recorded audio files
- An instant voice translator in 42 languages
14. Voice Translator
If you’re one of those who like to travel around the world but can’t communicate freely at a fancy foreign restaurant, then Voice Translator is something that you must have on your device.
With this app, you can learn new phrases and listen to the correct pronunciation on the go. All you’ve to do is use your camera for instant text translation and the app will translate texts from your photos. It comes with an Intuitive dialogue conversation interface and helps you convert text from languages with the non-Latin alphabet.
- Use your camera for instant text translation
- Translate texts from your photos and pics
- Extended offline phrasebook
- Language detection for text-to-text mode
15. Clear Translation
If you’re looking for a simple yet potent app that can help you translate both voice and text, then this is the right one to have. It includes an impressive list of supported languages such as Arabic, Bulgarian, Catalan, Chinese, Czech, Danish, Dutch, English, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hindi and many more. The best part about this app is that it provides you with accurate translations and is optimized for all devices including iPhone 7 and 7 Plus. It even allows you to listen to your translation in your preferred language.
- Translate text in 30 world languages
- Listen to your translations being read out loud
- Send your text as an email or text message
- Access your previous translations offline
This is our list of 10 Best Free Translation Apps for iPhone that will definitely help you learn some essential foreign languages. All the pronunciation guides are either in written or audio formats. Most of the aforementioned language translation apps are capable of performing real-time text and voice translation, conversation translation, and image translation. All of these translation apps for the iPhone are best in their own ways, however, Google Translate would be the best as it includes an extensive range of features.
If you found this article informative, then don’t forget to share it with your friends. Also, feel free to comment down below if you have any doubts related to this article.