Instagram is indeed the most famous photo-sharing platform all over the world. And therefore everyone uses it on a regular basis but unfortunately, Instagram offers limited photo editing options. Earlier, only professional photographers had access to photo editing software and apps but now every individual can edit their photos with the photo editing options. You don’t have to be a professional photographer to make your images look beautiful because there are plentiful apps available out there that will help you to accomplish the same.
Some of the apps mentioned in this article are used by hobbyist photographers. These apps are easy to understand and exceptional for beginners, however, once you get better at photo editing, you will realize the need for more enhanced editing features. For beginners who are just learning about editing, these are the apps that will help you to learn about adjustments, filters, and presets. Moreover, these photo editing apps are suitable for all the intermediate photographers looking to improve their editing skills. So, now before snapping a photo, set your exposure, brilliance, and aperture! Let us take an in-depth look at the 10 Best Instagram Editing Apps to Edit Your Photos before you post them to Instagram.
10 Best Instagram Editing Apps to Edit Your Photos Before You Post to Instagram
- Adobe Lightroom – Photo Editor & Pro Camera
- Perfect365: One-Tap Makeover
- PicsArt Photo Editor: Pic, Video & Collage Maker
- Photo Editor Pro – InShot
- AirBrush: Easy Photo Editor
- YouCam Perfect – Best Selfie Camera & Photo Editor
- Pixlr – Free Photo Editor
- Fotogenic: Body & Face tune and Retouch Editor
1. Adobe Lightroom – Photo Editor & Pro Camera
Adobe Lightroom – Photo Editor & Pro Camera is one of the world’s most complete and intuitive photo editing apps and will make your editing process simple. You can now get more detailed shots with advanced capture modes. With this application, it is now possible to take complete control over your image by making selective adjustments. You can also create some clean shots with the help of straight lines by adjusting the perspective of your image with powerful upright, guided upright, and Geometry slider tools. Moreover, this photo editing app comes with interactive tutorials that will assist you to use the photo editor with complete lessons curated by fellow photographers.
With Adobe creative cloud storage, you can backup your full-resolution photos and even organize them with searchable keywords. So, edit and share beautiful images among your friends. Further, You can download this application for free on the google play store.
- Unlock your phone camera’s potential with unique controls
- Refine and tweak colors on your photo to make them pop
- Precisely edit any part of a photo with your finger or stylus
- Filters for pictures with unlimited customization options
- Easily create and share a Group Album
2. Perfect365: One-Tap Makeover
Perfect365 is effective as both a photo-makeover app and a photo-editing tool. The app comes with more than 20 beauty tools and 200 pre-set Hotstyles. You can tweak your images by whitening the teeth and by removing blemishes and dark circles. Moreover, image-editing abilities include changing the eye color, slimming the face, removing under-eye circles and many more. You can also share your photos via Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram. Further, you can also watch video tutorials from your favorite YouTube artists.
If you want a no-makeup glow, then this application has a feature for it too. Download this app and create a “perfect” photo.
- More than 200 pre-set Hotstyles
- Unlimited custom color options with the Pro Color Palette
- Subtle touchup features for a no-makeup glow
- Beauty and fashion product recommendations
- Save and share your looks via Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram
Snapseed is a free photo editing app that is developed by Google which in turn adds to its quality and reliability. It is packed with professional-grade presets and tools that would surprisingly furnish your photos with a polished look. You can even edit JPG and RAW files. With Snapseed, you can adjust white balance, add filters, crop, add lens blur, fix skewed lines, add HDR effects and even adjust curves with an assigned control point on your photos. However, you will have to click the export button to save any edits as Snapseed doesn’t save changes automatically. Moreover, Snapseed works with Android and iOS and can be downloaded in the Google play store and the Apple App Store.
You can even download the Snapseed desktop app for PC for free. So, edit your photos without any interruptions as this app comes with no advertisements.
- 29 Tools and Filters
- Opens JPG and RAW files
- Selective filter brush
- All styles can be tweaked with fine and precise control
- Save your personal looks and apply them to new photos later
With VSCO, you can choose your settings before snapping a photo. Use basic tools such as Contrast, Saturation, and Grain to edit your photos. However, VSCO requires an annual membership subscription to unlock the more advanced features and renders you a seven-day free trial but later on, you will have to pay to use the app to its full potential. With VSCO membership, you can create vintage film looks by Kodak, Fuji, Agfa, and others with Film X. Once you are done with your editing, you can share your work and stand a chance to be curated by VSCO.
With VSCO membership, you can even make use of advanced editing tools like HSL, Borders, and Video Editing. So, download VSCO and express yourself with your creativity.
- Edit with 10 VSCO presets
- Explore inspiring photos and editorial in Discover
- Use basic editing tools like Contrast, Saturation, and Grain
- Make beautiful photos and videos
- Share your photos for a chance to be curated by VSCO
5. PicsArt Photo Editor: Pic, Video & Collage Maker
PicsArt is considered as the best photo editor and pic collage maker app on mobile. It provides 100s of free templates and lets you make grid style pic collages, templated collages & freestyle arrangement collages. With PicsArt’s Remix Chat, you can edit photos with your friends. You can even add text to your pictures and create memes of the same. You can even remix your image and add your own personal touch by editing it. It also comes with some interesting photo features such as frames, backgrounds, borders, callouts & more.
Download PicsArt Photo Editor and make your photos look impressive.
- Provides 100s of free templates
- Free stickers, clipart & sticker maker
- Creative contests and photo challenges
- Photo Remix and free-to-edit images
- Edit with your friends with REMIX CHAT
6. Photo Editor Pro – InShot
Photo Editor Pro – InShot is one of the best video creator and editor app that will help you to add music to video and add various video effects. With InShot, you can Split videos into parts and crop them in HD quality. You can even add different borders and fit your videos in any aspect ratio. With the blur tool, you can blur videos as well as the photo backgrounds. Other features include video merger & video joiner, video filters & video adjustment, glitch video effects, video speed control, video cropper, flip & rotate video, and many more.
You can edit your photos and videos without losing their quality and can even share them via social media platforms.
- Crop and process video in HD quality
- Fit your video in any Aspect Ratio
- Adjust video brightness, contrast, saturation, etc.
- Adjust music volume and music fade in/out option
- Rotate video by 90 degree
7. AirBrush: Easy Photo Editor
AirBrush: Easy Photo Editor is one of the best photo editing applications available on the Android platform. It comes with some astounding editing features such as crop, blur, stretch, slim, lengthening and reshaping of an area in a moment. The beauty filters in this app are designed by professionals to enhance the quality of pictures. You can even edit your selfie before taking the picture by adding multiple filters. With tools like blur, crop, stretch, slim and tune, you can give your photos an artistic touch. Moreover, the edited photos can be shared via social media platforms from the app itself.
You can download AirBrush: Easy Photo Editor for free from the Google Play Store, however, the app does offer some in-app purchases.
- Blemish and Pimple Remover
- Slim, Reshape and Lengthen Your Selfie or Photo
- Artistic Retouching Features
- Add Depth and Style to Your Photos
- Natural and Radiant Filters
8. YouCam Perfect – Best Selfie Camera & Photo Editor
Take selfies and get creative with YouCam Perfect as it comes with all the photo editing tools such as filters, effects, collages, beautify, fonts, stickers, and many more. In order to get access to 1000+ effects, frames, stickers and fonts, you will have to upgrade to YouCam Premium. Beautify your selfies by removing blemishes and smoothing wrinkles. You can also combine multiple photos with impressive collages and layouts. Moreover, you can also erase unwanted background objects or people with an intelligent object removal tool. You can even use the timer or wave your hand in order to take a perfect selfie.
So, now with YouCam Perfect, you can turn your photos into masterpieces.
- Achieve a Flawless & Luminous Face in Every Picture
- Edit Photos with Full Editing Toolkit
- Real-Time Beautifying Effects & Filters
- Face & Body Editing
- Stylize & Share Pics with Friends
9. Pixlr – Free Photo Editor
Pixlr – Free Photo Editor is an indispensable tool for those who love editing. With this app, you can instantly adjust the color of your photo by using Auto Fix. Moreover, you can effortlessly remove blemishes, red-eye, smoothen skin, or whiten teeth with some simple tools. The app offers a wide range of effect packs that will give your photos a finished look. And also with the ‘Favorites button,’ you can keep a track of your favorite effects and overlays. It also offers various Stylizes such as pencil sketch, poster, watercolor and many more.
So, tune every aspect of your photo manually by downloading Pixlr – Free Photo Editor from the google play store.
- Instantly adjust the color of your photo using Auto Fix
- Adjust the tone of the photo with overlays
- Easily add text to your photos
- Crop and resize images quickly
- Choose from a range of effect packs
10. Fotogenic: Body & Face tune and Retouch Editor
Fotogenic is the only photo editing app that will suit every level of photographer. It comes with a simple user interface but is capable enough to get appreciated by acknowledged photographers. It includes features such as Captions, Rotate, Square Fit, Mosaic, Crop, Bodybuilding, Color Replacement, Brightness & Contrast, Gradient, Grunge and many more. Every feature is easy to understand and use that will eventually help you to create incredible pictures of art. You can also make your skin naturally sun-kissed by using the bronze skin tool.
Apply filters and blend multiple layers to create get effective results. Moreover, you can save your photos and share them with your friends.
- Turn your photo 90 degrees left or right
- Eliminate unwanted objects
- Focus a subject of your photo
- 40 fun brushes in 5 different categories
- Create natural-looking composite images
What is the best editing app for Instagram?
All of the above-mentioned apps are unique and provides a wide range of editing options. However, Adobe Photoshop Lightroom is one of the best editing apps that you will ever come across as it will help unlock your phone camera’s potential with unique controls and hence ranks at the top of our list.
This was our list of 10 Best Instagram Editing Apps that you should use to edit your photos before you post them to Instagram. If you are a beginner, then you should definitely download Snapseed as it is equitably easy to use. Moreover, Snapseed can also be used by intermediate hobbyists, as well as professionals. All the above-mentioned apps are best in their own way and will definitely won’t disappoint you. We will recommend you to take some time out and learn more about editing your photos with the help of these apps.
So, if you found this article informative then don’t forget to share it with your friends so that they can also enhance their editing skills. Also, feel free to drop a comment below if you have any doubts related to this article.