Do you want to format Mi phone? Are you looking for ways on how you can do so? Well, if yes then you’re at the right place. In this article, we’ll be discussing two methods by which you can easily format Mi phones. Also, during the process, your device model will show you two main titles- ‘mandatory’ & ‘optional’; mandatory will show you of what information will be deleted whereas optional will give you the choice to save some content (however, these options vary among different Mi models).
Let’s find out![lwptoc]
Format mi Phone via Recovery Menu(Hard Reset)
- Power off your Redmi phone by pressing the power key
- Press and hold the ‘Volume Down + Power’ buttons at the same time for a few seconds
- Release only the ‘Power’ key when the Mi Logo appears on your screen
- Hold the ‘Volume Up’ key until you see the Recovery Mode on the screen
- Use Volume keys to select language and Power button to confirm
- Select ‘Wipe Reset’ by using Volume Down to scroll and Power button to confirm
- Then select ‘Wipe All Data’ and use Volume buttons to navigate whereas Power key to select
- Confirm by selecting ‘Yes’
Reset mi Phone via Settings Menu(Soft Reset)
- Go to ‘settings
- Tap Additional settings and select Backup and reset
- Now, select Factory data reset
- Click on Reset Phone and wait for few seconds
- Tap on Next and confirm by pressing ‘OK’
How do I wipe data from MI?
You can use any of the aforementioned ways to wipe data from your MI phone.
What is the recovery mode?
Recovery Mode is a feature that allows users to fix some problems in their Android devices.
This was our guide on how you can format your Mi phone. Both of the above-mentioned ways are effective, however, formatting via Settings Menu is far easier compared to the Recovery Menu alternative as formatting with your devices’ keys might seem confusing when you try it for the first time.