Nowadays, the latest trend on social networking sites is Stories. Though this trend was pioneered by Snapchat. But now Snapchat isn’t the only game in town if you want to share your day socially. From Instagram to WhatsApp and even Facebook, everyone is striving hard to be the best social networking site for its users. But among all the one social media which is making their game up in terms of Stories is sure Instagram. As Instagram Stories are widely popular among their billions of users. And knowing all this Instagram has been adding more and more features to level up their story game. Such as GIF’s, funny filters, animated emojis, locations tags, and so on. Because of which even users are getting motivated to take all these customized features and create a stunning story which stands around everyone.
But why are Stories so popular in demand? The answer is as clear as glass because Stories are not only fun to make but are visually appealing too. As who wouldn’t like to see what is going on in their near and dear one’s life with just a few taps. And the best part the Story feature only stays for a period of 24 hours and then they magically disappear soon after. What can you post on your Instagram Story? Almost anything what is going on in your day to day life. From lovely selfies to funny videos, from professional photos to immature clicks, no one is there to judge you as it won’t be there on your profile for too long.
But the hassle in this beautiful scenario comes when you need to add a music to your Instagram story. Imagine listening to a good song and instantly the idea of sharing that audio to your Instagram story comes in your mind. But boom how are you gonna do that? Don’t worry we got you covered with three most simple and reliable methods to post any song you need on your Instagram story. The first method is with the new “Music” sticker feature, the second method is through Instagram itself, while the third method requires a third-party app.
How To Add Music To Instagram Story
Method 1: (Through the new “Music” sticker)
Although to ease the pain of its users Instagram has launched a new “Music” sticker which will help to add a soundtrack to your Instagram story. But this feature is not available in India yet. Though it will be soon coming to Indian users as well. So to get prepared beforehand carefully read the below steps to know how to use the music sticker in stories. And select from thousands of music tracks that fit the mood of your story.
How to add music to Instagram Story with the new “Music” sticker:
- First, download and install the latest version of the Instagram app.
- Now open the app and go to your Instagram stories.
- Take or export a photo or video into your Instagram story (this will be the background of your song).
- Once you are done, tap the “Sticker” button from the top-right corner of the screen.
- Now once the slider is opened, tap on the “Music” sticker.
- Now, either scroll through the list of songs Instagram presents you with, or tap “Search Music” at the top of the screen to search for a song manually (If you tap “Moods” or “Genres” near the top of the screen, you can browse songs into different moods. Don’t worry the library of songs will continue and grow).
- Once you have selected the song you want to use, tap it to add to your post (You can tap the play button to the right of any song to hear a preview of it or can even edit the song to the part you want).
- Now the song will play in a seven-second clip. But if you want to make the clip longer or shorter you can do it as long as for 15 seconds (this part is optional).
- When you are done editing tap “Done” in the top right corner of the screen.
- Now you can rotate, resize, or drag the sticker around the screen to fit the best. Then simply add your soundtrack to your Instagram story and let your followers listen to the song of your mood.
Note: If you don’t see the update of this feature just be patient. As often with a new feature, Instagram takes a little while to roll it out to all users.
Method 2: (Through Instagram)
In this method, you don’t need to install any third-party apps as all you need is just your Instagram.
How to add music to Instagram Story through Instagram:
- Use any music player app from your phone and play the song that you want as the background music on your Instagram Story. Just make sure you are playing the song in full volume on phone speaker and try to have minimal or no sound in your surroundings.
- Now go to Instagram and click on your “Instagram Story” option. And then simply start recording. Just make sure the song is still playing in the background.
- Once you are done with the recording tap on “Your story” to add the song in your Instagram story.
Although this method is quick, there are some potholes in it. As most of the times, you are unable to control the noise from your surroundings which can get add to your recording as well. So, if you want to remove this bummer then the next method is sure rosy for you.
Method 3: (Through a third-party app)
This method comes very handily when you already have a video and you just need a musical background to make it more hilarious. This feature of adding background music to a video comes in a number of apps and one such app for your rescue is Inshot.
How to add music to Instagram Story through a third party app:
- Install and open Inshot.
- Once the app is opened click on the “Video” option.
- Now select the video you want a background music for. Once the video is selected you can trim it according to your preference.
- Now tap on the “Music” option and select from the app’s featured song or from your music library. (adjust the song if required)
- Once the song is selected you can mute the original music of the video if it had any.
- Now all you need to do is click on “Save” and upload the saved video on your Instagram story.
Note: Inshot app helps you to scale the video to a smaller size by adjusting the square fit ratio of a video to post it in full size on Instagram. Plus you can add stickers and text from the Inshot app too. Also, in addition, the app gives a number of editing features too.
So above are the three most easy and convenient methods to add a background music to your Instagram story. As using a song in your story will surely pop up the person viewing it. And it will be hella interesting for you too as you will now be able to express your mood in the medium of your favorite songs. So, let us know in the comments box below which is your favorite method. And what song will be next on your Instagram story?