There are so many reasons that might make you block certain websites on your phone. Some of them could be spreading viruses or some might be malicious for your device, Some might contain explicit content or maybe stealing your personal data. While you might be smart enough to avoid these sites or make sure you don’t visit them. Not everyone who has a access to your phone might do so. So if you are wondering what to do in this situation then we have the answer for you. It is possible for you to block websites on your phone. If you feel like your smartphone has turned into a total disaster with unwanted content popping up time and time again, fret not! Just block the websites that are creating a hassle for you and live a peaceful life. In this post, we are going to show you how you can block websites on Google Chrome on your Android device.
There are several ways that you can do so. here in this post, we are going to use a third-party application.
How to Block Websites on Google Chrome on Android:
Here we are going to use the app “Blocksite-Block Distracting Apps & Sites”. There are several others available on the Play store, but we are using this because it is quick and works flawlessly.
- Go to the Google Play Store and search for “Blocksite” or download it from here.
- Install and open the app.
- When you open the app it will ask you for permission. Tap “Enable” and it will give the app permission.
- After that there will be a message pop up of “Got It’, click on it to give the app accessibility.
- Then click on “Blocksite”. It’s at the bottom of the Accessibility settings menu under the “Service” header.
- Tap the switch from “Off” to “On”. Turning it on will prompt a pop-up window.
- Now Tap OK. This will allow Blocksite to monitor the apps you are using and what windows you are interacting with so it can effectively block the sites you want to block. This will return you to the Blocksite app. You may be asked to enter your phone’s PIN or scan your fingerprint before proceeding.
- Tap “+”. Its the green button with a “+” sign in the bottom right corner of the app.
- Enter a website URL. Enter the main web address of the website you want to block. For example, if you want to block Facebook, you would type facebook.com.
- Now click on the checkmark button on the upper right corner. This will block all the web browsers on your phone from accessing the website you added on the block list. If you or anyone tries to access that site from your phone then a message of this site is blocked will flash on your screen.
- In order to remove a blocked website, you can open Blocksite and tap the trashcan icon next to the website you want to remove.
- You can also tap the switch for “Block Adult Websites” to block all websites that contain adult content.
This is how you can block unwanted sites on your mobile phone. With our technological life, all of our personal data and information is now stored up on our smartphone. And this is a very big reason for us to ensure the safety of it. It is always better to be safe than sorry. Make sure you always secure your phone which in turn will secure you. If you have any difficulty in following the steps, or confusion mention it below. If you have any app recommendations or need us to cover any topic in the future comment it below. Don’t forget to share this article with your friends and remind them to be safe!