The highly popular Battle Royale Game Fortnite has finally been fully released on Android mobile. As earlier the game was not freely available for download to everyone. The beta version had previously been invite-only, but as of today, you can download it to any Android device for free, without waiting.
But if you are someone who has not yet joined the craze of Fortnite and don’t know anything about the game. Then it is the combination of the two most famous and addictive game, Minecraft and PUBG. As just like PUBG you’re dropped onto the large island map and must arm yourself and outlive your competition. It offers a free 100-player Player Vs Player (PvP) Battle Royale game mode. And the best part in Fortnite, you always start out armed with a pickaxe which can be used as a melee weapon or to harvest raw supplies for building walls, ramps, and shelters. Which just adds an extra layer of interest in the game and sure make it more addictive.
So, after reading this if you are craving for downloading the game from Google Play Store, then stop the rush. As unlike most Android games, Epic isn’t offering Fortnite through the Google Play Store. Instead, you can download Fortnite from its own official site. So, on Google Play Store if you search for “Fortnite” and anything comes up then stop yourself right there as it is sure not the official Fortnite game you want to download.
But although the invite-only link has been suppressed by Epic games there is still a catch to download Fortnite for Android mobile. As the game works on the latest “high-end Android smartphones”. Though earlier the list was limited to Samsung smartphones, now it has opened a wide range for other Android smartphones too.
Supported Android devices for downloading Fortnite Mobile
- Samsung Galaxy: S7 / S7 Edge, S8 / S8+, S9 / S9+, Note 8, Note 9, Tab S3, Tab S4
- Google: Pixel / Pixel XL, Pixel 2 / Pixel 2 XL
- Asus: ROG Phone, Zenfone 4 Pro, 5Z, V
- Essential: PH-1
- Huawei: Honor 10, Honor Play, Mate 10 / Pro, Mate RS, Nova 3, P20 / Pro, V10
- LG: G5, G6, G7 ThinQ, V20, V30 / V30+
- Nokia: 8
- OnePlus: 5 / 5T, 6
- Razer: Phone
- Xiaomi: Blackshark, Mi 5 / 5S / 5S Plus, 6 / 6 Plus, Mi 8 / 8 Explorer / 8SE, Mi Mix, Mi Mix 2, Mi Mix 2S, Mi Note 2
- ZTE: Axon 7 / 7s, Axon M, Nubia / Z17 / Z17s, Nubia Z11
- HTC: 10, U Ultra, U11/ U11+, U12+
- Lenovo: Moto Z/Z Droid, Moto Z2 Force
- Sony: Xperia XZ/Premium, Xzs, XZ1/Compact, XZ2/Premium/Compact, XZ3.
If your Android smartphone is not on the above list don’t lose hope, you can still play Fortnite as long as you’re specs are up-to-date. As Epic Games provides the following minimum system specs for your Android device to play Fortnite:
- OS: Recommended Android 8.0 or higher, 64 bit.
- RAM: 3GB or higher (Recommended 4 GB).
- GPU: Adreno 530 or higher, Mali-G71 MP20, Mali-G72 MP12 or higher.
As Epic Games has by-passed Google Play, the download, and installation process for Fortnite mobile is a little different than usual. So, if you want to download Fortnite on your Android device then follow the steps mentioned below.
How to download Fortnite on Android
- Go to this link on your Android device to download Fortnite OR visit http://epicgames.com/fortnite. Or if you are on a PC go to the same link and scan the QR code on the PC screen on your Android device.
- Now you will see the Epic games website has now been opened. Then tap on “Play Free Now” or “Play Free”.
- Then click on “Get Started”.
- On the next page, you will see the notice of compatible devices and other requirements. Once read through click on “Download” from the bottom of the screen.
- Then first the installer will get download before the actual game. And now, by giving all the permission to this source your actual Fortnite game will now start to get downloaded. So, sit back and relax as this step will take a while depending on your Wi-Fi speed as the game size is almost 1.75 GB.
- Once downloaded, you can now finally sign in and play the Fortnite mobile.
Note: Even after downloading Fortnite on your mobile don’t delete the installer. As that’s how security patches and other updates will reach you.
How does it compare to the PC or Console version
The mobile version of Fortnite is the exact same game as you would find on the other platforms, including PS4, PC, Xbox One, and Nintendo Switch. The main difference comes with the user interface and the graphical performance of the game. So, if you are a Fortnite fan you won’t need to worry about playing a vastly different game. As Fortnite on mobile is still a Fortnite.
To hype the game’s release, even more, Fortnite is now in the middle of Season 6, dubbed Darkness Rises, with lots of spooky cosmetic items to mark this occasion.
So, with this new mobile release, it is a lot on the stake for the makers as they have cut the downloading option from Google Play Store. But with the millions of Fortnite fans all around the world, this risk is worth to take.
If you liked this article (How To Download Fortnite On Android) then don’t forget to share it with your friends on Facebook or Twitter.