Did you accidentally delete the Google search widget from your home screen? Don’t fret, we’ve got a fix for you.
On Android phones, the search bar is a location found on the home screen that allows users to search for things they might be interested in finding. It is usually present by default on the home screen of Android devices. Google search bar is indeed a very useful tool as it provides quick access to information and updates easily from the home screen as and when required.
You can absolutely retrieve your missing widget back on your home screen. Just follow the steps down below and you’ll have it back.
How to Get Google Search Bar Back on Android Home Screen
- Go to your Android device home screen.
- Tap and hold on the empty space. This will change the home screen to edit mode.
- Then, tap on the Widgets option displayed at the bottom of the edit mode screen. This will view all the widgets available on your Android device.
- Search for the Google search bar widget in the widget list and tap on it.
- It will now send the Google search bar widget on the home screen in the edit mode.
- Drag and drop the Google search widget at your desired position.
- Now quit the edit mode.
- You’ll now find the Google search widget displayed on your home screen.
How do I put the Google search bar on my home screen?
Getting a Google search bar on the home screen of your Android device is very easy. Just follow the steps mentioned above and you’re done.
Why did my search bar disappear?
Your search bar usually disappears when your browser changes from Google to some other search provider.
So this was our guide on how to get Google Search Bar back on Android Home Screen.
If your default search engine is not Google then you’ll have to first change the default search engine to Google in the Search section under Settings.
If you found this article informative then don’t forget to share it with your friends.