We browse 24×7, looking for pet shops, a short tutorial or searching for an address. That is all made possible by browsers that house different features that extend our luxury. But at times, you want to be private about what you are searching for and that’s where the incognito mode comes in. This feature has been around for a long time now. It guards your privacy and saves you the hassle of deleting your browsing history. But what if you want to open incognito by default? There is a way to do that, on both Android and Windows.
How To Open Chrome In Incognito Mode By Default Everywhere (On Phone & PC)
1. For Android
- Make sure Chrome is already downloaded on your smartphone.
- Long press on Google Chrome icon.
- You will see two shortcuts. Long press on Incognito Tab and drag the shortcut wherever you want to.
- Click on the newly created shortcut.
- You will be directed to Incognito mode.
2. For PC
There are many options by which you can directly open the incognito mode on PC without first using a normal tab.
- If you’re already on Google Chrome, use ‘Shift + Control + N’ to open an incognito window.
- Press the three dots (Customize and control Chrome) > New incognito window.
- Pin Google Chrome on the taskbar for easy access. Right-click on the browser icon and you will see New incognito window in Tasks.
- Go to your desktop.
- Right-click on Google Chrome.
- Click on Properties.
- Alternatively, you can also use Alt + Enter.
- Search for Target.
- You will see that Target has a command “C:\Program Files (x86)\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe”
- Add -incognito after chrome.exe. Make sure to hit the space bar twice.
- The command should look like “C:\Program Files (x86)\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe” -incognito
- Click on Apply.
- You will get a pop-up asking you to approve this setting.
- In some cases, you will be asked by Windows to approve by providing administrator credentials.
- Click on Ok.
- The next time you open Google Chrome, it will directly open a new incognito tab.
- If you want to give it a complete Incognito feel, change the icon.
- Right click on Google Chrome > Properties.
- Click on Change Icon.
- You will get a few icons to choose from.
- Select the detective black icon or the incognito icon, as it’s known.
- Click on Ok > Apply > Continue > Ok.
- Refresh if the icon doesn’t change immediately.
These were some simple workaround through which you can open incognito mode by default on the Google Chrome. Let us know in the comments section below the methods you used.