Ever since Android Oreo, autofill has saved a lot of time for users who constantly sign in and out of apps or websites. While Instagram keeps you logged in at all times, what if you want to keep away your account from prying eyes as anybody can access it? There is no ‘Don’t Remember’ feature that lets you log in to your account, almost always, which is a daunting task but helps secure your privacy.
There is a way that Instagram provides to remove remembered accounts. The Facebook-owned app doesn’t automatically save your login details, which is how we are going to access this invisible feature. Scroll below for this short tutorial.
How To Remove Instagram Remembered Accounts
- Open the Instagram app.
- Go to the profile screen and click on the sandwich icon (three bars) at the top right corner.
- Select Settings at the bottom of the app.
- Scroll down and click on Log Out (of your account name).
- You’ll see a pop-up asking for confirmation, ‘Remember my login info’ with a checkbox. Uncheck it and click on the logout option.
- You can also get another option wherein you want Instagram to remember your account details. Click on not now.
- Now, if you have logged out of Instagram already, login, and follow the above steps again.
- If you open the Instagram app or visit the website, it will take you to the login screen.
- You will get two options, as seen in the above image. Click login if you want Instagram to remember your credentials.
- If that’s not the case (probably why you are here!), tap on Remove. You’ll see a pop-up for confirmation.
- Once this is done, the next time you log in, you will have to fill in the details in order to access your profile.
So, this was a short tutorial on how to remove Instagram remembered accounts. Let us know in the comments section below if this was easy enough for you. Watch this space for more such tutorials.