Are you finding it difficult to remove SIM Card from iPhone 6 and are looking for a suitable guide that can help you do so? If yes, then you’ve come to the right place. In this article, we’ll guide you on how to remove SIM card from iPhone 6.
It is always a grueling task to remove and re-insert the SIM card back into the tray as if not installed properly, it will leave your device with no cellular network. However, you would be able to install the SIM tray properly back into your device if you follow the correct steps.[lwptoc]
Here are the steps that will help you remove your SIM card from iPhone 6 within a few minutes.
Steps to remove SIM card from iPhone 6
- Switch off your device
- At the right-edge of the device, you’ll see the outline of the SIM tray
- Insert the paperclip into the pinhole at the bottom end
- Press it until the SIM tray pops out
- Pull the SIM card tray out of the handset
- Now gently remove the SIM from the SIM tray
Steps to insert SIM card from iPhone 6
Now that you’ve removed the sim card from your device, you might want to insert the same or another SIM card into the tray again. Follow the steps down below re-insert SIM card in the SIM card tray.
- Gently place the SIM card in the SIM card tray. Ensure the gold contacts are facing away from the screen
- Push the tray face up into the SIM card slot until it is fully inserted
- The SIM card will be detected by your device once inserted properly
What happens if you take the SIM card out of your iPhone?
You’ll have no service on your device and that you won’t be able to use it as a phone.
Can I take my SIM card and put it in another phone?
Yes, you insert your SIM card into a different phone and use your service on it.
Can I still track my iPhone if the SIM card is removed?
No, you cannot track your iPhone if the SIM card is removed simply because the GPS coordinates for your device cannot be established.
So this was our guide on how to remove and insert SIM cards from iPhone 6. The process is indeed very straightforward. However, ensure that you’ve installed the SIM in the correct orientation. Also, make sure that you don’t force the SIM tray back in its place, or else you’ll end up breaking pins off the logic board.
If you found this article useful, if yes, then don’t forget to share it with your friends.