Is your iPhone 5 facing a software problem or you simply want to give it a firm start? And want to know how to reset iPhone 5 to make it function more efficiently for that matter. If this is the case, then we’ve got a solid fix for you. In this article, we’ll be discussing different methods through which you can easily reset your iPhone (iPhone 5 explicitly).
However, before we jump into the process of resetting, it is important that you perform a backup to prevent any data loss. To do so, you can simply connect your iPhone to the computer via the USB cable or launch iTunes to backup your device manually. Also, the best part about resetting your iPhone is that at the end of the process, your iPhone’s operating system will automatically be updated to the most current version.
So without any further ado, let us begin with the resetting process.[lwptoc]
How to Reset iPhone 5 Without Password
- Connect the USB cord with your computer, however, remember to leave the phone end free. After that hold down the Power and Home button to switch off your iPhone.
- Now keep pressing the home button of iPhone 5 and connect it with the free end of the USB cable. This will cause your phone to automatically switch on. During this process, you’ll have to keep the home button pressed. After a while, a message will appear on iTunes displaying that your iPhone is in recovery mode.
- Tap OK on the command box and navigate to iTunes.
- Then open the Summary tab and press the Restore option.
- Now your iPhone along with the password will be completely erased.
How to Reset iPhone 5 with iTunes
- Launch iTunes on your computer or Mac.
- Connect the USB cable to your iPhone and Mac.
- Now follow the instructions displayed on the screen and provide your password if prompted. Your iPhone 5 will be detected by iTunes.
- Then tap on the Summary tab under Settings on the left side menu.
- After that, select Restore iPhone from the right side window.
- Click on Restore again on the pop-up dialogue to reconfirm.
- Your iPhone 5 will be now erased and reset with the latest iOS version.
How to Hard Reset iPhone 5
- Press and hold the Power and Home buttons at the same time. This will restart your iPhone and an Apple logo will appear on the screen (It can take about 20 seconds for the logo to appear).
- Your phone may take some time for booting to complete. Until your phone reboots, the Apple logo will be displayed on the screen for up to 1 minute.
- You can use your phone after it reboots and shows the home screen.
Reset iPhone 5 to Factory Settings
- From the home screen open the Settings option of your iPhone.
- Choose General from the next menu.
- Then navigate to the bottom of the screen and select the Reset option.
- Choose the second option from the top named Erase All Content and Settings.
- After that, your iPhone will prompt you to confirm the action.
- Now tap on the Erase iPhone option when the phone displays it. The restoring process will take a while to complete.
- After your phone reboots, you will find the iOS Setup Assistant that will guide you through the setup. At this point, you can use any backups to restore your phone.
How do I factory reset my iPhone 5 without iTunes?
- Press and hold both the Sleep/Wake and Volume Down buttons until you see the Apple logo.
- Release both buttons after the Apple logo appears.
- Wait for a few seconds until your iPhone boots up and you will see the home screen.
How to erase all data from your iPhone?
- Launch the Settings app from the Home screen of your iPhone
- Now tap on General.
- Scroll to the bottom and tap on Reset.
- Tap on Erase All Content and Settings.
- Tap on Erase Now.
- Enter your Passcode.
- Now, enter your Apple ID password to turn off the Activate Lock
- Remove the device from Find my iPhone.
So that was how you can reset your iPhone 5. All of the above-mentioned methods are convenient to use and work anyways. However, resetting your iPhone with iTunes is expedient and takes only a few minutes to erase all your data.
If you found our article useful then don’t forget to share it with your friends.