Whatsapp is the most famous messaging app out there. Everyday communication takes place on this app mostly. There are important chats/discussions or conversations that you might need them in the future too.
So if you take a new device or phone there is a risk that you might lose them. In this tutorial, we are going to show you how you can save your chats or transfer them on your new phone. You can download Whatsapp from the Google store or here.
Here’s how you can transfer old WhatsApp chats to your new phone:
1. Google Drive and Backup:
New and updated versions of Whatsapp have automatic Google Drive backups, which makes it easier for you to transfer your chats very easily.
- You simply tap the trio of dots at the top left of the screen and go to Settings > Chats and Calls > Chat Backup.
- From here, you can back up manually, or set it to automatically back up as regularly as you like. When WhatsApp is reinstalled, it will prompt you to recover your chats and multimedia from Google Drive.
2. Manually Backing up Chats and Restoring Them:
If you don’t have an updated WhatsApp you can easily create a backup and move it on your phone.
Follow these steps:
- Open settings menu on the WhatsApp, tap on chats and calls and then choose chat back up.
- Now start WhatsApp on your new phone and verify your phone number. You should now get a notification that a message backup was found. Just tap Restore, and you’re done. After a few seconds, all of your messages should have appeared on your new device.
3. Other Features of Whatsapp That You can Enjoy are:
- MULTIMEDIA: Send and receive photos, videos, documents, and Voice Messages.
- FREE CALLS: Call your friends and family for free with WhatsApp Calling, even if they’re in another country.* WhatsApp calls use your phone’s Internet connection rather than your cellular plan’s voice minutes.
- GROUP CHAT: Enjoy group chats with your contacts so you can easily stay in touch with your friends or family.
- NO INTERNATIONAL CHARGES: There’s no extra charge to send WhatsApp messages internationally. Chat with your friends around the world and avoid international SMS charges.
- ALWAYS LOGGED IN: With WhatsApp, you’re always logged in so you don’t miss messages. No more confusion about whether you’re logged in or logged out.
- OFFLINE MESSAGES: Even if you miss your notifications or turn off your phone, WhatsApp will save your recent messages until the next time you use the app.
- AND MUCH MORE: Share your location, exchange contacts, set custom wallpapers and notification sounds, Email chat history, broadcast messages to multiple contacts at once, and more!