Save big on monthly rentals by investing one time on modem router combos
Cable modem routers are 2-in-1 devices that ensure high-speed seamless network connectivity at affordable rates. Broadband service users often opt for these combos to save big on monthly rentals charged by the ISPs. This one-time cost can actually save over $10 monthly with ownership of the device which is compatible with any cable provider. Thus, even if you change your existing cable provider or shift to another location, you don’t need to invest in a new cable modem router or bear the hardware rental costs.
Setting up a cable router combo at home is easy
As a beginner, you must be aware of how to set up the modem router combo perfectly without any expert guidance. Well, to be honest, it is extremely easy to install and configure. Most modem router combos come with an instruction manual where you can find step-by-step instructions to set up the combo. If that is not enough, you can simply plug it in and see if the hardware self-activates itself with the ISP.
Most ISPs and cable providers have a simple system to configure modem routers with their existing system. If you are unable to set up the system by yourself, it will be best to contact your cable provider to do the same. Make sure the modem router you invest in is supported by the ISP. You must invest wisely and check whether the features and configurations match with the cable provider otherwise it will be a sheer wastage of money.
Few reasons to opt for modem router combos:
A cable modem router combo is a smart investment and has got many benefits. Find out few major reasons why you should invest in a modem router combo.
- Cost-effectiveness: Buying a modem router combo is a more cost-effective solution as compared to buying the devices separately. It also saves a significant amount of money on rentals that cable service providers charge on renting hardware.
- Advanced technology: ISPs might provide outdated devices on rent that might not be effective in establishing a seamless and high-speed network. Buying the latest models of modem routers gives you the opportunity to use updated technologies. DOCSIS 3.0 is the latest version used for modem routers where many cable providers still rent out outdated DOCSIS 2.0 models to the users.
- Compatibility & scalability: The latest version modem routers give you the flexibility to use them as modems or routers interchangeably. Also, it offers great compatibility with any framework and standards. You can further scale them up and upgrade them to newer versions and tweak the performance with updated technologies and solutions.
5 most popular modem router combos within your budget
If you are looking to build a high-speed home or office network for HD media streaming and online gaming, below given are the top five models of cable modem router offering excellent service at a reasonable price.
- NETGEAR N300 (8×4) WiFi DOCSIS 3.0 Cable Modem Router (C3000)
- NETGEAR Nighthawk AC1900 (24×8) DOCSIS 3.0 Router and Modem (C7000)
- ARRIS SURFboard AC1750 DOCSIS 3.0 (SBG6782)
- Motorola MG7550 16×4 Cable Modem, AC1900 Dual Band Wi-Fi Gigabit Router
- TP-Link N300 300Mbps Wireless N DOCSIS 3.0
Compare features and check reviews before you purchase
All the above models offer great speed and performance and are great value for money. You can get a detailed comparison of the best modem router models based on price and features at the popular review websites. These sites also offer extensive product reviews based on analyzing the data procured from thousands of customers.
Hence, prepare a checklist and a list of criteria to choose the best modem router model matching your requirements and budget. Once you identify the specifications and decide on the budget, take a cue from these reviews to find the best variety that fulfils all your criteria while not exceeding your budget. Online retailers and e-commerce portals offer a wide range of cable modem routers at discounted rates. You can do a bit of research and can find a good deal on the machine of your choice.