There are times when we wish to share moments captured on our phone with friends or relatives but what if you’ve an iPhone and the person you want to share photos with is an Android user. A situation like this can put both of you in a state of confusion, however, there is nothing to fret about as there are various ways available out there that can help you transfer files wirelessly from iPhone to Android and vice-versa. Moreover, if you’re looking for one such that will help you do so then you’ve come to the right place.
In this article, we’ve discussed some of the best ways to transfer photos from iPhone to Android. Let’s break them down.
Transfer Photos from iPhone to Android With Google Photos
Google Photos is the best way to transfer images across both iOS and Android devices. It’s very easy to use and takes only a few minutes to transfer photos.
- Open Google Photos on your iPhone
- Tap and hold to select the photos you want to share
- Tap the share button represented by a box with an arrow coming out of it
- Then select the contact of the person you want to send the images to
- Type in the Say something field if you want to send a message with the photos
- Tap Send when you’re ready to send the photos
- Now, your contact will receive a notification on their Android device. After tapping on it, they’ll see the photos that you’ve shared.
Transfer Photos from iPhone to Android With Send Anywhere app
It allows you to wirelessly transfer files from iPhone to Android and vice-versa.
- Run Send Anywhere on your iPhone and tap the Send button
- Select Photo from the list of file types
- Now, select the photos that you want to send.
- Then tap the Send button at the bottom after selecting the photos.
- The app will now generate a PIN and a QR code image for the receiver, however, these authorization credentials will expire after 10 minutes by default but you can also be set to 5 or 30 minutes. If in case, if you want to share the files to multiple recipients for a longer time, upload the files by tapping the Upload button. It will also generate a PIN, QR code, and a Web URL that is valid for use by the receiver within 24 hours by default but you can also be set to 12 or 48 hours.
- Run the Send Anywhere app on the Android phone
- Tap the Receive button on the main screen.
- In order to receive the file, you can either enter the PIN and tap the arrow button or scan the QR code generated by the iPhone. You can also open the URL in a Web browser if the sender shared the Web URL of the file
Transfer Photos from iPhone to Android With Dropbox
This cloud storage service is used to sync files across devices. It can be used to transfer images from iPhone to Android. Just install the Dropbox app and you’re good to go.
Follow the steps down below to transfer Images With Dropbox:
- Login to your Dropbox account on your iPhone.
- Enable the Camera Upload feature if you want newly captured photos to be automatically uploaded to your Dropbox
- Use Dropbox’s sharing feature to share photos, you can share a file or an entire folder.
Transfer Photos from iPhone to Android by Drag and Drop
Drag and Drop is one of the easiest ways to transfer images from the iPhone’s default photo folder to Android’s image folder. All you need is a Windows PC and the USB cables for both your iPhone and Android phones. Also, do install the device drivers of both phones.
- Connect your iPhone to your PC via USB cable. The same has to be done for your Android phone.
- Open My Computer on your Windows PC
- Now, you’ll see two new drives or entries under Portable Devices, one for your iPhone storage and the other for your Android. Try installing the phone drivers if you don’t see them
- Then, open the iPhone’s and Android’s storage in a new window.
- Locate the folder called DCIM on the window for your iPhone’s storage, you’ll find your photo folders inside the DCIM folder.
- Now, select the photos that you want to transfer and then drag them from the iPhone images folder and drop them onto your Android images folder.
Transfer Photos from iPhone to Android with MobiMover Free
We’ve included this method as it not only allows you to share images but also contacts, messages, notes, calendars, voice mails, books, Safari bookmarks & history, videos, audios from iPhone to PC which can later be easily imported to Android phone via a USB transfer.
The steps for transferring images goes as follows:
Part 1: Export photos from iPhone to PC
- Connect your iPhone to PC running Windows 7 or later and run EaseUS MobiMover,
- Choose “Phone to PC” and click the “Next” button on the screen. This will allow you to transfer data from iPhone to PC
- Choose “Pictures” and MobiMover will save the files on your desktop by default.
- Now, click the “Transfer” button to start transferring photos from your iPhone to PC, this may take a while
Part 2: Transfer photos from PC to Android phone
- Connect the Android phone to the computer with a USB cable.
- Find the exported photos and select the ones you want to import to Android with drag and drop.
Can you AirDrop on Android?
You can use AirDrop to send photos, files, links, and other data only between Macs, iPhones, and iPads.
Can you share iPhone photos with Android?
Yes, you can share iPhone photos with Android. You can do so by following any of the above-mentioned methods.
So this is how you can transfer photos from iPhone to android. All of the above-mentioned methods are convenient to use, however, transferring photos with Google Photos is quite feasible across both platforms unless both have incorporated it within their devices’ system.
Which of the aforementioned methods did you use to transfer photos from iPhone to Android? Do let us know in the comment section below. Also, if you found our article useful then don’t forget to share it with your friends.